Will the game be free on release, where and where will it release? Edit
The game is planned to release as EA on steam and will not be free. As of the date of the release, most likely when it's done.
Do I have to manually redownload Valheim everytime there is a new update? Edit
No. Absolutely not. You can download the itch.io app and it will keep it updated. Pretty neat huh?
Get it here - https://itch.io/app
Who is making this game? Edit
The person making this game is Dvoid. He has made this game as it is and will keep improving it.
No one can join my server. How do I fix this? Edit
Go through this small guide and you might be able to host a Valheim server.
First way Edit
- First check if you have UPNP enabled on in your router settings. If UPNP is enabled on your router and your server still does not show as UPNP available in the server list you need to do a manual port forward in your router of TCP port 2456 to your local PC. Check your router manual on how to do this.
- The problem can be from the firewall as well. You can either make it to allow Valheim.exe to go through it or just disable it fully.
- If you have multiple network interfaces configured the game will use the primary one. Consult your os manual on how to set interface priority.
Second way Edit
Via EVOLVEHQ Edit
- Go to https://www.evolvehq.com/
- Create an accout & download the client
- Install the EVOLVE client.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Device Manager. Open Network Adapters and find "Evolve Virtual Ethernet Adapter".
- Right click Evolve Virtual Etheret Adapter > Properties, navigate to Advanced tab and set MAC Address to 0
- Open EVOLVE client and add your friend to your friend list.
- Click the Friends tab > Create party..
- Click the blue Send Party invite and invite your friend/s via URL or Using their name.
- After the party is all setup in EVOLVE, notice how all of you now have an IP address next to your names. EX: 10.198.168.2
- Open Valheim. One of you has to create a server and the others have to select Join Game
- Once you select your character, enter the host's EVOLVE IP. EX: 10.198.168.2
- You should now be able to play with your friends. HAVE FUN!
Keep in mind - The game is in alpha there will be problems that is for sure. That means sometimes the suggested fixes will not work.